Tuesday 15 November 2016

Mr Porter's Social Media & Marketing Writer Charlie Robertson Shares Her AW Must-Haves, Style Influencers, and What To Watch Out For In SS17

I'm lucky enough to have a complete star of a sister who is a Social Media & Marketing Writer for the amazing Mr Porter. She has always been a big style influence on me, so I thought it suit to share with you her style guru tips and tricks for AW and what she's looking forward to in SS17... 
It’s happened again. Winter crept on us. One minute we’re last-minute shopping for bikinis, telling ourselves that next year will be different and we won’t leave it till the day before we fly (year, right) and the next, we’re buying winter coats on our lunch breaks because, well – you get the picture.
I’m unorganised. Always have been and most probably always will be. So for me, what I wear on any given day depends largely on how motivated I’m feeling in the morning when I get up. Will I wear makeup today? Should I make an effort with my hair? Can I wear a dungaree to the office three days in a row or will they notice? These sort of questions. However, unlike a lot of people, I love winter wardrobes. In the summer I tend to live in the same pair of ripped BDG jeans and white &otherstories T-shirt (it’s okay to be basic, right?), but in winter, that’s when my cupboard full of jumpers can come out to play.

Below I’ve listed some of my must-haves (ehem, that means Christmas list in case my boyfriend happens to be reading this and needs any subtle hints...) for the season and my style influences (brace yourselves) and finally, what I’m looking forward to for next season. Enjoy!

THE BOOTS
It seems like everyone under sun owns a pair of black over-the-knee boots these days – so this season I’m opting for brown. A little more boho and a lot more unusual, I can’t wait to get my hands on a pair of these.


THE COAT
You can pretend you don’t need a new winter coat – and you may even believe yourself for a little while – but as soon as you start to see everyone in their oversized vogue-worthy floor-sweeping coats, you’re going to want one yourself. Here’s what I’m after.


THE ROLLNECK JUMPER
The ultimate winter essential – I’m already on my way to buying my second one of the season. It’s like a scarf and jumper all rolled into one, how can you not want one?


THE SLIP DRESS

I know what you’re thinking. It’s winter, why am I wearing a slip dress. But throwing on a slip dress over a long sleeve polo-neck is a great option if you’re heading straight out after work (or just want to lend a more feminine feel to looks).

STYLE INFLUENCES
Here are a few of my favourite Instagram accounts that I follow for style inspiration.
@bethanymarieco
@weworewhat
@jordanrisa
@happilygrey
@liketoknow.it

SS17
What I’m looking forward to...

SPORTSWEAR
Being able to wear trainers year-round will just never get old. That and the fact you don’t have to think too hard about what you’re wearing in the morning means that this trend is always top of my list.

80s
Oversized and flamboyant, the 80s were all about being bold – which is why I can’t wait to embrace this trend. I plan on ransacking my parents’ wardrobe in search of shoulder-pads, retro jumpers and brighter than bright colours.

DECONSTRUCTED SHIRTING
This one’s always a yes from me. Palmer and Harding are always on point with this, but Zara always do great copies at high-street prices. Deconstructed shirts are a great way to jazz up your work wardrobe.

RUFFLES/TULLE
Okay, so maybe I wont be parading around in a pink tulle dress, Carrie Bradshaw style, but Chloe’s whimsical collections never fail to inspire me. It might not be my typical style, but I always love trying new things!

Hope you have enjoyed this guest feature. Follow Charlie on Instagram @suchacharlie 

Love, 
K.

SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig