Tuesday 25 October 2016

Beauty On A Budget: The Best Makeup Removers


Finding the perfect makeup remover for my skin is a constant and epic struggle. I suffer from sensitive and dry skin, but when using the wrong products it can also shift in the opposite direction and become greasy and spotty (I hope I'm not the only one!). So when it comes to trying out new makeup removers I'm all for it! I've always struggled with using makeup wipes as typical brands such as Johnson's, Nivea, Neutrogena and own brand skincare ranges leave my eyes stinging and watering- so I'm always on the lookout for a product that not only swiftly leaves me makeup free, but is also pain-free! I've done a quick round-up of my current top makeup removers, that are especially good for those with sensitive skin. Hope you enjoy!

These are the most recent addition to my makeup remover collection. I received them as a freebie from my Fat Buddha Yoga Class last week along with your typical health bars and coconut water. I highly recommend these wipes, they are one of the few that doesn't sting my eyes and are super gentle on your skin. The only downside is that I feel you need to scrub your face quite hard to make sure all of your makeup is off, otherwise you wake up with panda eyes in the morning, and nobody wants that! 
Can you see a trend forming yet? Yeah, I'm kind of in love with micellar, it's a beauty product that I love as it's extra gentle on your skin, unlike other harsh removers. I have previously reviewed this remover in the past, but my opinion remains the same. This formula was great and left my skin clean and pain-free within a few wipes. I only have two criticisms; 1. The bottle says to push down twice and apply, I would instead recommend pumping at least 3-4 times (but no biggy), and 2. The smell of the product isn't that great. For something like this I'd say either go completely scentless or go full-on, this was neither and smelt a bit like a mild bathroom cleaner (I've got to be honest). All in all, this is a great product, I will be using it until the bottle is finished, but I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing it again.
I've raved about this product on a number of occasions, but I can't help it! It's truly one of the best makeup removers I've ever used, and it's perfect for my sensitive skin. This specific green formula is a combination for sensitive skin, but the original pink colour 'for even sensitive skin' is just as soft on my skin. 
 An added bonus is that it doesn't dry out my face, usually, waters and tonics removers do this, but my skin is left super smooth and clean.
As you've probably seen Yes To are a current favourite brand of mine and have featured at my Brand Of The Week around a month ago. I decided to try out these coconut wipes as they are supposed to relieve dry and cracked skin. The wipes smelt great and took off my makeup fairly easily, but unfortunately did sting my eyes, but many of my friends now swear by these after my recommendation- so for those with less sensitive skin I'd say give these a go! 
These were a clear winner for me, along with the new Simple wipes, these are the only two brands that have left my skin sting free, fresh and clean. The smell is refreshing and subtle, perfect for everyday use! 

I hope this helps anybody looking to change-up their skincare routine and try out new makeup removers.

Love,
K. 
SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig