Tuesday 8 November 2016

Out On The Town: Boxpark Croydon

Last Friday I paid my first visit to the brand new Boxpark at Croydon. After previously having been to the Shoreditch site that is full of plenty of pop-up shops and restaurants I was very excited about the new 'bigger and better' Boxpark. One key difference between the sites, apart from the size, is that Boxpark Croydon is only food and drink, and will be playing host to over 200 events each year, the line-up looks like we're in for a treat! Impossible to miss, the new shopping extravaganza is on the right-hand side as you walk out of East Croydon train station- and if you do manage to miss it just look for the giant lit-up BOXPARK sign...
The list of food and drink pop-ups on the site is incredible (including one of my favourites Dum Dum Donutterie!). Unfortunately, my first visit was slightly rushed as we needed to grab dinner and head out for a friends Birthday, so we only got to visit just the one this time...
We chose the delicious Bang Bang Vietnamese for dinner, and what a great choice it was! I'm really into my asian food, spices are my thing, so this was the perfect choice for our meal. Some of the pop-up restaurants offer seats inside, to create more of a dinner-date feel, giving you the choice of sitting inside or in the Boxpark centre. We chose to eat in the restaurant which was decorated in a quirky, fun, and bright coloured manner with plenty of Film Noir memorabilia... 
Not only was the quality of the food exceptionally good, but it was also really good value for money! I chose the Pho Bo Gau: A Classic Vietnamese Soup with Beef Brisket and my friend went for the Pho Tom, which is the same but with king prawns. As you can see below each of us got plenty, and it was the perfect amount of spice for my taste buds, which is a big bonus as I usually have to add extra chilli sauce. 
We also found our new favourite beer, Lucky Buddha! I need to find out where else I can buy these as they were light and super refreshing, plus the bottles are pretty darn cool! 
I can't wait to go back to the Boxpark and try out all of the other food and drink stalls! I hope you have enjoyed this post, and it has possibly convinced you to take a trip! 

Love,

K.
SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig