Sunday 9 October 2016

Blogger Meagan Fiddes Chats With Me About Moving To London, 'Stylish Bites', and Her Top Fashion and Beauty Secrets



I caught up with Meagan Fiddes of Cup of Cloth for afternoon tea and brunch. We had a good catch-up and chat about our mutual love of blogging, tea and London. I was eager to get her take on moving over the pond and what she thinks of the city I call home. A smashed avocado and smoothie later we decided to do an interview collab, and here we are! Hope you enjoy!
1. How have you found the move so far? Are there any major cultural differences between Toronto and London? The move has been good, I'm almost fully adjusted. Major cultural differences? Both Toronto and London are super multicultural so you do get the same variety but I think overall people have a more "live life" attitude here whereas Toronto the "live to work" mindset is the norm. 2. Why did you initially choose to move across the pond? I wanted to move to Europe and London was best for my industry- plus I figured it was be less of a culture shock then say moving to Berlin or France. 3. Where about's are you working in London? Have you found any restaurants or pop-ups that you love to visit on your lunch breaks? Currently, I'm in Southwark- I love walking over to Borough market, you're bound to find something you want every time you go there. 4. What's the best meal out in London you've had so far? That's really hard but I'm going to have to say the tacos from DF Mexico have my heart. 5. Have you got anything exciting planned in the next few weeks? With it being October I'm just looking forward to relishing in all the autumn vibes throughout the city - and Halloween is coming up. 6. Tell us one beauty secret or product that you can't live without. My beauty blender - it is my all in one tool, my holy grail. 7. What is your AW16 must-have wardrobe essential? It's a split between my leather moto jacket and my blanket scarves/wraps. 8. I love your series 'Smoothie Sunday', what's the recipe you're loving right now? Smoothie Sunday has been on a bit of a hold - but if I could have any smoothie right now it would be a banana peanut butter smoothie with honey, Greek yogurt, and chia seeds. 9. How would you sum yourself up in one sentence? "The world is a book and to stay in one place is to read only one chapter" - I can't stay in one place for too long before I get the jitters to travel somewhere else. 10. Is there anything we should be looking out for coming up on your blog? Besides our interview swap? haha I'm currently working on a "Stylish Bites" series focusing on foods that are well photographed, stay tuned! 11. Is there anything that you can't buy over here in England that you really miss? omg what a question - Starbucks Pumpkin scones, All my Sephora goodies, Cinnabun treats, all you can eat sushi #Struggling. 12. Do you prefer AW fashion or SS? Definitely, AW - cozy vibes are my jam, or as you guys would say, "my cuppa tea". 13. What's your favourite thing to do when you want to relax? Funnily enough, blog. when I'm in my zone I'm at my most relaxed (even if I'm a little stressed when the graphics give me trouble) - That or read. 14. What's your go-to meal of the moment? Soup - anything in soup form, tis the season.


You can catch our interview swap on Meagan's blog now. Check it out at Cup of Cloth 
SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig