Friday 13 June 2014

One face, 3 occasions.




This post I am going to talk a little bit about how easy it is to transform a look by just changing the lip colour.

With for this I just did a really quick base, using Benefit Bigger Than BB Big Easy in No 5 - Beige.


Then I threw on some concealer, today I used NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Medium1 - Custard. This I blended in with my Real Techniques Complexion sponge. I also did some super quick and basic contouring on my cheeks, temples and jaw for which I used Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium which I, of course, blended in a little.  


Next step was the brows, I went for quite a strong brow due to the simplicity of this look. I used Benefit Gimme Brown in Medium/Deep then defined them slightly more with the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette. 

The most important part of this is keeping the eyes super simple, I opted with just a tad of black gel eyeliner on my eyelids and top it all of with some mascara (L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess).


This look is something that I would wear to work, understated and sophisticated. The lipstick I have on Is Mac in Matte in the shade A83 - Kinda Sexy which is now available in the UK (yay).


This lipstick is a surprise member of my collection, I bought it from New Look and its made by Gold by Giles and it's in the colour Flare. I couldn't resist buying this purely because of the fabulous colour but was pleasantly surprised because it is not a bad lipstick at all. But this is a perfect look for a summer day.


Last but not least is the evening look, this would look perfectly good in any London bar for Friday night drinks, the perfect transition. This lipstick is again by Mac (sometimes you just can't beat Mac) this is again in a Matte finish and in the colour A93 - Russian Red. This is a PERFECT true red and the matte finishes means that it is super long lasting, perfect for a night on the town. 


SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig