Wednesday 5 October 2016

Beauty On a Budget: Rimmel vs Soap & Glory


I haven't done a beauty on a budget post for a while, but since my uni-work life transition, I've realised that I definitely still need to be saving-savvy with all my beauty products If I want to be able to have good makeup, nice clothes, and go out with my friends! I've decided to compare two of my favourite concealers, both under £10, and that I believe are an absolute bargain. 

1. Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Concealer

In the past, I have mentioned how this is one of the best concealers for the price you pay (a mere £5.49!). It's perfect to brighten your eyes in the morning and hide those horrible bags. I simply apply this product under my eyes, on my forehead, and on my chin, all in the shape of an upside down triangle, then blend with a concealer brush. It's as good as any benefit product that I've purchased and has been a clear favourite of mine for the past year. The only downside is that due to its liquid nature it tends to sweat off quite easily, which means re-applying it a number of times throughout the day. 

2. Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Blur and Brighten Crayon

I bought this product a little over 3 weeks ago, to try out a new concealer and see whether there is anything else about that is better quality and better value for money. I've been using it every morning since! This product is amazing. I apply it in the same way I previously stated (triangles under my eyes, the centre of my forehead, and on my chin), and it lasts all day long. I wake up for work and put on my makeup at around 7.30 each day and I don't need to re-apply this until I leave work at 5! It's slightly thicker in texture to the Wake Me Up concealer and seems to cover up blemishes a lot faster and easier. The best part? This Kick Ass product is only £6! 

Although I love both of these products to bits in this beauty on a budget battle there is one clear winner... Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Blue and Brighten Crayon!

I hope this helps you if you're looking for beauty on a budget!

K. x 

SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig