Tuesday 6 November 2018

Back to Blogging: Best Bits

It seems I always go through peaks and troughs when it comes to blogging. I tend to stumble over hurdles, whether its writer's block or simply being overly busy with work and seeing friends. Blogging has always been a hobby to do in my spare time, and when time runs out, unfortunately, this is the first thing that it effects. So, I managed to miss out writing anything for you guys for the whole month of October. I'd like to say loads has happened but to be honest I'm taking a whack at prioritising different things at the moment and it's making me feel a lot better. I'm glad that I've managed to muscle up the time to write a blog post because I've got a few things that I'm loving at the moment, whether its fashion, beauty of lifestyle bits. 
So here they are...

1. Feminists Don't Wear Pink 


Let's start with something I've been banging on about over and over... Feminists Don't Wear Pink and other lies by Scarlet Curtis. I urge everyone, male or female to have a read of this book. It's a collection of essays from a variety of different women about what feminism means to them. The goal of the book is to help the reader come to their own personal understanding of the word, because lord knows it's got some pretty negative connotations these days - let's not get me started! It's funny, witty, real and heartfelt. 

2. Mio Liquid Yoga 

Bath time favourite - Liquid Yoga. Mio strikes again with another fab product. I'm really loving alternating between the gym and yoga at the moment- one clears my head and the other helps me to think- but with all this exercise I do tend to get really achy muscles and this product is perfect. Plus, it smells like Deep Heat or Tiger Balm, so what's not to love!

3. OGX Orchid Oil Shampoo
Unless you haven't realised, I've really tried to go fairly natural and eco-friendly recently, whether its beauty products that I'm using, recycling a bit more, my weekly food shop or cleaning products. It is a bit of a struggle when you have certain products that are great and you just can't let go of them... BUT I have found the perfect shampoo- I say this but I often have to change shampoo every 2-3 months otherwise my hair gets used to it- alas, at the moment this is my perfect shampoo! Sulphate-free and super hydrating, this shampoo allows me to leave my hair for a few days without washing (which by the way is a pretty big deal for me). Also, a pro for anyone that's looking to use this who colours their hair, it's great for protecting colour and locking in moisture!

4. Morphe x Jaclyn Hill

I was lucky enough to get these babies through work and for now, these are FOR SURE my go-to brand for make-up brushes. They are super smooth. These professional brushes are made from a natural blend of sable and goat bristles and are 100% animal cruelty-free <3

5. Why Buddhism Is True 

So, for this one I took an image from the internet because my book is looking pretty rank right now, God knows how many tube journeys and bus routes it's been on. Now the front cover of this book doesn't do itself justice at all. People will read the front and think - ahh this is going to be a book about how we should all be calm, try meditating and seek enlightenment. Well, not quite. I'm in love with this book, and with only 80 pages left I hope Robert Wright doesn't somehow screw it up with such a short space to go. The book looks at the science and philosophy behind Buddhism from an evolutionary psychologist's perspective. Now, Robert himself looks at the paradoxical view of Buddhism and shows both pros and cons to meditation and enlightenment. This book has made me look at things in an entirely different way, the difference between feelings, emotions, essence all of which are human-made. I can't rate this book enough if I could make all my friends read it I would! 


SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig