Friday 3 October 2014

University Decor

As I recently moved into my new uni house, I thought I
might share a couple of my cheap yet cheerful University decor secrets.
Uni rooms aren't exactly the prettiest, therefore I love personalising my house to make it feel homely and comfortable. Although i picked the short straw and ended up with the smallest room in our house, luckily I still have a large desk, double bed and a massive book shelf (which excited me a lot due to being an English Literature student). 
Students don't exactly have the biggest of budgets, so I've pieced together a few of my purchases that have made my room feel larger, using light colours and minimal patterns, as well as being reasonably priced. 
Here are a few snaps  ....



This brush holder is £3 from Ikea, it was originally white but I decided to buy some lilac spray paint from Hobbycraft to liven it up



This bedding was £15 from Asda, and the grey cushion £14 from Next 



The teacup candle on the left was bought at a stall in Grenwich market for £10, the candles on the right were £4 from Ikea.



And finally, my LED lanterns, which were £6 from Primark. These are cute to have on at night time. I have placed these on my bookshelf, but they often look nice hanging around wall art or a bed frame.


Hope this post helps anyone looking to accessorise their bedroom. 

K. x






SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig