Sunday 21 August 2016

Festival Essentials

As I'm heading to South West 4 (SW4) Festival next weekend, I thought i'd do a quick round-up of some festival essentials that I believe everyone needs to get them through a long weekend of dancing, singing and fingers crossed good weather! 

1. GLITTER!!!!!
I'm sorry if I'm being 'basic' but the last time I went to a festival was Reading four years ago, so I'm pretty excited about covering myself in glitter and getting into the festival spirit. I've bought myself two bottles of glitter from Asos, my friend has bought two other colours and we're going to mix and match to create pretty patterns etc etc. I've got myself crystal and violet. These will be arriving in the post tomorrow, so I'll be sure to take a pic and post it on instagram for you! 

2. Bum Bag

There is no way I would survive a festival without one of these! You've always got to be extra careful, unfortunately, there are some horrible people out there that will take advantage of a festival situation and steal bags, purses, phones, and anything else they can get their hands on. I think having a bum bag is the best way to avoid this at all costs. I'm currently in the process of buying one, and I'm between these two...


3. Wipes
Although SW4 is a day festival in Clapham, and I'll be able to get myself back home, into my comfy bed and hopefully refreshed for the next day (shower and all), I still think that having anti-bac and face wipes is a definite must-have! Knowing me I'll spill food or drinks down myself, and that's the last thing I'll want to be worrying about, I'd much rather be worried about which act to go see, or whether my dance moves are far too cool(I'll have to tone them down a notch to avoid embarrassment). Here's what I'd recommend... 

Carex Strawberry Laces Wipes

Boots Handy Wipes Fresh


4. Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo is the best way to achieve festival-perfect hair. Although I'll be able to have a shower on Sunday morning before heading off for day two, I will most definitely be spritzing my hair with some dry shampoo before heading off. Festival hair is supposed to be wild and messy! So I'll be giving mine a slight curl with the straighteners and spraying some of this...

5. A Rain Mac
Unfortunately, we are still in England, and I can't guarantee that the weather is going to be sunshiningly perfect for the whole weekend! Here's my handy rain mac that has served me throughout the years...

At least they never lose me! 

K.









SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig