Friday 8 April 2016

Blogging 101


So it's been two years since I started writing for all you beautiful people, and I've learnt a lot since I started back in 2014. For instance, there is often a big different between being an instagram star and being a blogger, although sometimes these can come hand-in-hand. Instagram stars can be the best people at faking a life which they wish they had, or as other people would like to call it, capturing beautiful pictures that enhance the presentation of their lifestyle experiences. Bloggers tend to be slightly more down to earth and know the struggle of writing for a specific audience and the attempts at keeping a audiences attention, whilst also writing about things that they are passionate about. So to celebrate my two years of writing I thought i'd share my blogger 'wisdom', although let's be honest, I haven't made it big and I am still no where near being an expert in the field, i'm still learning and hope to be learning for years to come. So here are some of my top tips for those of you who are maybe interested in writing a blog yourself, or are just curious about how we do it...












 1. Write because you enjoy it. 

2.Write things YOU are interested in, not just things you think an audience will like. 

 3. NEVER write, instagram or post just for the likes, if your hearts not in it, people will know. Many would disagree with me and suggest that you need to post a certain amount of pictures and blog posts, and that you should only ever do it at the prime liking and reading times. I mean this might help, but why function like a company when you're in fact a blog just writing to help readers and for your enjoyment.

4. Show your personality. I got this wrong for quite a long time, I chose to write and post anonymously. I was scared to post photos of myself, I didn't want people judging me from what I look like, and I definitely didn't want to seem vain. Someone once told me that for the reader to truly enjoy your work they need to identify with you and know your personality, and they weren't wrong! 

5. Have fun! If you're having fun this will project through your work, my best work is done when I am content, happy, excited and loving life! 

K.
SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig