Tuesday 2 September 2014

Fall Fitness Tips

As september slowly creeps upon us, and we return from our travels and holiday antics you can’t help but think ‘where did the summer go?’ but following this thought quickly follows the ‘what happened to my tummy?’ ‘maybe I had a few too many treats on holiday’. 
Whilst some people may be motivated to jump straight back into their weekly gym routines, I feel rather sluggish and weak. I’ve realised that by rewarding myself with brand new (and rather colourful) gym gear, I feel more excited to get back to my motivated and healthier self. I believe that by spicing up your gym fashion, you may too find yourself more willing to go for that run or get on that treadmill. 

Here are a few of my purchases that have made me eager to strut my stuff at the gym… 





But my post does not finish here, I (with help from my boyfriend who is luckily a personal trainer) have come up with my top 5 exercise tips to help you out this September: 

1-Slow and steady doesn't win the race! Add sprints and circuits to your workouts rather than hours and hours of cardio for the most bang for your buck. Try circuits with short rest periods to keep that heart rate up and get you burning more fat, and add some sprints at the end to finish off!

2 - Keep hydrated, your body needs water for most of your bodily functions and sweating from exercise can drain your bodies supplies

3 - No gym? no problem! If you can't get yourself to a gym, you can work out pretty much anywhere. Simple body weight circuits can be a quick and effective way to burn some calories and get your body moving at home, the park or even at your office during your lunch break!

4 - Weight a minute! don't be afraid to use the free weights and resistance machines, weight training will raise metabolism and help you burn fat throughout the day - and don't worry, you won't turn into a she-hulk!

5 - Shake a leg! Your thighs are the largest muscle in the body, and therefore they get through a lot of calories during exercise. Try performing squats, lunges and deadlifts to work those legs and get your body burning off fat.

 K.
SHARE:
© In The Life Of.... All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig